Buscar

Páginas

Oh dear God, I am sick!

Yes, I am. As in really sick.

I have not been able to get over this flu, so now today it is officially the 9th day of being sick, and as usual I was just plodding along hoping that by tomorrow I would feel better, same shit different day basically! Whilst standing in CNA I swallowed, don't ask me what or why, and my ear felt like it was going to explode. I almost screamed. When the pain lessened, and I could walk on again, it was painful, but every now and then kept throbbing and paining and swallowing / yawning / talking wasn't pleasant.

Anyway, that was just the end. The Pajero was standing at the car wash so I had time to kill, and I walked into the doctor and asked for an appointment, just saying that I would sit and wait until he could see me. I waited an hour at any rate, but it was worth it. Just before going in, Janine and Gustav arrived - what a coincidence - as Janine was seeing the doctor as well. So got to catch up with her as I haven't seen her in ages.

Anyway, once the Doctor saw me and inspected me and looked in ears, throat and listened to chest, I have been diagnosed with Bronchitis, a sinus infection and an ear infection so my poor ear drum is swollen which is what is causing all the pain. Anyway, my chest must be quite bad as he said if it isn't better by Friday I MUST see him again and will then be sent for x-rays to assess the damage and to start treatment before it turns to pneumonia. Thrilling stuff. So now I am popping antibiotics, steroids, sticking nasal spray up my nose, drinking flu effervescents AND cough mixture. I'm going to be as high as a kite.

It is of course Murphy's law that the only time that I am working is the time that I get seriously ill and feel too bad to take time off. It is just ridiculous really, honestly, what are the chances. Anyway, this has taken absolutely ages or me to plough through writing ever so slowly and stupidly - honestly, flu should come with a warning: "May cause stupidity".

I am going to bed.

0 comments: