Buscar

Páginas

Cooking

For some reason I seem to be rather preoccupied with cooking lately, which is making me wonder if I am really getting old here ... I am making stuff that I have never had an interest in making before and actually getting some pleasure from it lol.

My first attempt a few weeks ago was a chocolate cake which was a flop but still tasted very nice so that was great, we covered it in caramel and chocolate and that was what counted more than anything else really.

Then yesterday in the midst of my flu I decided to make tomato chutney. Chopping about 30 tomatoes isn't really that much fun but got it done and then had to cook it for what seemed like hours. I actually made two - one with chilli's and one without. Tasting them halfway through I almost died as the only thing I could taste in my flu-ed up state was vinegar, but it seemed that leaving it to cool then made it better and today we had our first fried egg and chutney sandwich! It was great!

Today my task is oxtail, which I have never cooked before as well, so will see how that turns out. It has been cooking for like two hours already so will add the potatoes soon and again, hope for the best ...

Then, this week I have to make a cake for Pio to take to work as it's our birthday on Friday so this is going to be interesting!

0 comments: