Buscar

Páginas

Public Holiday Thursday!

Well, it is a public holiday here, and as Murphy's law would have it, of course the sun has stopped shining. It shone all week whilst all of us were at work. Brilliant, bright and warm sunshine. Then, the one day that we all have off, it is overcast, cold, windy, and miserable. Now that is annoying. So instead of being on the beach and enjoying our day, we are once again sitting inside waiting for better days ... literally ...

So I got up nice and early, did the washing, did the ironing, cleaned the kitchen, had breakfast, and am now trying to catch up with emails and blog and do all of that. Made the bed, wrote Pio's birthday cards, fed the cats, etc etc ... Pio did nothing ... lol

So tomorrow is our birthday, and as plans for getting a puppy fell through and he certainly unfortunately is not getting me Clara I think this is going to be rather a boring birthday. Once again we have no money! I so badly wanted to go away this weekend, get out of Swakop, get away from these people and have some time at a lodge or some place where we could really just chill and not think about anything stressful. As usual, there is no money, this time thanks to the new Toyota that we are getting.

So fair enough it is a good car and it's a bargain etc etc but it does mean that we can't do anything, can't afford presents (of which I got him anyway as you can't have a birthday with no presents) so we will see. I think it's going to be another washout as usual. Seems our birthdays are doomed. I really didn't mean this to be so down and grumpy but apparently that is how I am feeling and I didn't even really realise that. I wanted us to have a good birthday and we can't even afford to do anything nice. It seems that we can NEVER afford anything.

Anyway, so tomorrow is our birthday, Pio is working as usual, so I will be sitting at home on my own for the day cleaning and ironing and cooking as usual. Yay. Looks set to be a fab day.

0 comments: