Buscar

Páginas

Monday Blues ...

I definitely think that Monday has to be the worst day of the week, although on the other hand probably the most productive. Currently being in Swakopmund and it being winter, Monday's are even worse as you are forced to get out of bed and get going in the cold, miserable and gray morning after a weekend of doing as you please. People say the rain is bad - at least if it rains you know its cold and wet and miserable; living in Swakop is like hanging in the balance waiting ... it has the potential to rain but can't quite happen ... and your extremities are generally blue with cold, which is actually a total contradiction to "Summer All Year Round in Africa Wild" ... dammit. I have clearly acclimatized.

Although being a Monday and it being cold, I still managed to be up by 7am this morning after lying awake for ages and got going on a few bits that needed doing. The windows have been washed so I can see my garden once again which is great, and Johnny is scrubbing the front wall and all its years worth of muck off. This is definitely the week to clean, as hey, Wednesday it is officially Spring!

But, before we can officially say it is Spring and Summer is on the way, I am making a huge pot of soup to ward off the cold that I am sure will no doubt last long into Spring in this place. Hopefully it will be the last one that I make until next winter, but I do somehow doubt it. Nevertheless, I will enjoy my fresh bacon and vegetable soup with a dash of single cream, a touch of freshly ground  black pepper and hot toast topped with melted butter, even if I am praying it's the last time I eat it til next year. 

There is much to do this week and plenty to keep myself and Johnny busy, after which time hopefully the  garden will be sparkling, which it hasn't been in a long while as there simply has not been the time to get stuck in and get it done. Garages will be sorted out, walls washed, driveways swept, and it will hopefully take all week! Let me be off to start with the next task!


0 comments: