Buscar

Páginas

Farm Life

As it has recently come to our attention that we might like to buy a plot, build a house and attempt to farm, I have decided to do a list of Pros and Cons. This is because both Pio and I are too hopeless to ever make any concrete decisions and say "That is what we want!" It must have something to do with us both being Gemini, and is extremely annoying, even if I do say so myself.

So let's get the negativity over and done with first:

Cons:

  • Traveling, as it is 15 km's out of Swakopmund
  • Pio will have to drive to work instead of catching the bus or drive to town in order to catch the bus
  • Not being able to just "pop to the shop"
  • Having to plan all shopping properly (lazy me ... )
  • No electricity
  • No house ... (lol) 
  • No fences
  • No security
  • Resale value is a concern according to Pio
Pros:

  • I can keep animals!
  • Have a real barn
  • No traffic or cars or noise at night
  • No worrying about my animals being run over
  • Not having to walk Bear and Kita every day
  • Grow your own veggies and fruit if possible
  • Owning a large piece of land
  • Building a home and farm up from scratch
  • Potential for running his own little factory (Pio) 
  • Small-scale farming
And that is all that I can think of immediately ... I reckon I would be happy on a farm and in that life and it is one more pro than con so it's all looking good. It's still a really big decision to make, and we can't really afford to make any bad decisions at this point in our lives so a lot of thinking still has to be done and a lot of things thought through carefully and written down in great detail.

Although as the house will have to be built from scratch up it will take quite some time to actually make it livable and be able to move in there and actually start this life and get it going. So here's to big and life-changing decisions ... let's hope we make the right ones!

0 comments: