Buscar

Páginas

Losing a Friend

Today I lost a friend.

I hadn't known him very long, but he crept into my heart in his short little stay with us and now he has gone he has left a very big hole in a surprisingly small place.

Kai had to be put to sleep today. He hadn't ever gotten over his cold, and on his third visit to the vet today they discovered that he had feline AIDS. There was no alternative, so he went to sleep. Just a few months old.

For something so small, the house is now surprisingly empty and quiet. There's no laughing at his ridiculous antics as he tore around the house clawing the furniture and everything else, there's no yowling for food every time you go into the kitchen, there's no calling for and teasing him to play,and somehow, worst of all, there's no impossible little furry thing sitting on my keyboard trying to chase the keys as I type.

I looked for him when I got home tonight, just almost kind of expecting him to come waddling around the corner dragging his belly cos he'd eaten too much again.

Its silly getting attached to something so little in such a short time. Its just heart breaking that he was constantly so happy and yet so sick, and had to go so young.

0 comments: