Buscar

Páginas

Christmas!!



We put the tree up tonight. I use the term "we" lightly, I got home late and so only watched while I cooked dinner! It was quite fun actually, Hope and Ian went all out for it, from the Christmas carols in the background to a glass of port each whilst they strung lights in the window and on the tree - and there's even a mini fibre optic tree in the dining room window!


Here's a pic of the tree almost done - and then Ian got hold of it ... it's now smothered in tinsel
which caused all manner of arguments between he and Hope! I laughed, had to.
The tree is now perilously balanced on a box as its not tall enough for the mound of presents that have to go under it, so I really am expecting Kai to get carried away and lunge at a sparkling piece of tinsel with enthusiastic joy ... this will result in a 6 foot tree landing on his head and waking up the whole house giving us all a heart attack - it has to happen at night when we least expect it I reckon!
Anyway, I am going to start piling my presents underneath it as they are starting to take over my teeny room at the moment, which is a bit early, but hey, looks all the more festive!
Today at work all the decorations in the office went up as well, so it is really starting to feel like Christmas now - the office looks really festive and each department has all their own decorations up - confession, my desk is the only one that doesn't have any decorations because one of us is a Jehovah Witness and the other is a boring sod that doesn't like Christmas! Alicia and I went shopping today to look for a mini tree to put between us and couldn't find one, so we may just have to get through on everyone elses cheer and goodwill!
I also managed to get my Secret Santa gift - shoot me for being boring here, but hey, have been thinking very very hard and have not come up with anything! So, I bought a 2008 Diary and Year Planner thingy by the Me to You bears - probably not the right thing for a middle aged woman but hey, I tried!! I might go get some chocolates and add them to it to make myself feel better!
Well, its Christmas now. Time to eat too much, drink too much, waste too much money, have too much fun, and embarrass yourself at the work Christmas do! And then there's all the rest that goes with it, family and friends and realising how much they all mean to you. So its also time to say your sorry's, make up fights, and tell the people closest to you just how much they mean!

0 comments: