Buscar

Páginas

Sunday's

Sunday's are meant to be lazy days, the days where you lie in bed and chill, watch movies with the one that you love, cuddle all day, and rest. It was only since meeting my man that I learnt what it is like to have these kinds of Sunday's, as for me Sunday was always the day to finish the housework, catch up with the family, run around like a mad thing and get the shopping done - things like that. And then we met.

Now, my Sunday's are my days of rest. To do as little as possible, to watch the day go by in a dream and not do anything. Unfortunately, I now work on Sunday's and am really wondering what I am going to do with myself at work when i know half he country is sitting on their butts at home.

Today wasn't that bad. There are a lot of cheerful people that come in and out of the shop, you get to have chat to most of them, you get to laugh at others. There was this fabulous black woman that came in this morning and asked for a pack of condoms - I had to ask her then which particular kind she wanted as we had two. She was quite amazed that we actually stocked two types of condoms and came to lean over the counter to inspect them. She then asked the difference at the top of her voice, completely at ease, and I had to point out to her that one was ultra-fine and the other was dotted for extra pleasure. Needless to say, with shrieks of laughter she took the dotted ones!

I have just realised that I need to specify what kind of shop I work in after that encounter as I am sure people will by now be raising their brows - it is a village corner shop that sells everything from the above mentioned condoms to milk and pizza. These are the kind of encounters that make the day go by so much easier - although we definitely get our fair share of grumpy old gits. One made me very angry today and I eventually was just rude to her - my patience with stupid people only extends so far ...

So there go my peaceful, tranquil, lazy days .... So long, farewell, auf weidersehen goodbye .....

0 comments: